Friday, April 9, 2010

Winter Pyjamas

Ok, so I dont know about the rest of the ladies out there, but when it comes to winter pyjamas, my favourites, my must haves, my cant-live-withouts are a pair of long sleeved, long legged, satin pyjamas. Preferably flock lined for extra warmth and comfort.

I love the way the satin slides around when I turn over in bed and the satin pjs don't get all caught up in my bed sheets......and how soft and comfy they are! Forget flannellette, I HATE flanno pyjamas (though I understand how warm they are, esp in European winter), I dont mind tracksuit-like pjs for lounging around the house, but its satin all the way for my winter pjs.

With this in mind, my Englishman and I went shopping for a new pair of winter pjs for me as an Easter present. We went to the normal place i would buy my satin pjs.....Sussan. Yes, I know, its an 'old lady' shop, but the satin pjs are ok and cheap.......however, it seems satin pjs are no longer available!.......

Next stop, Myer.......2 pairs of satin pjs available, both pairs look like old lady pjs. And not lined. they're horrible, white/cream with a pattern, or dark with white piping and a crest on the pocket.......my Englishman vetoed them straight away and started herding me out of the shop.....

Last ditch attempt - David Jones.....and by now I'm feeling despondent.....why aren't there any nice satin winter pjs around??? Its not like its the wrong season to buy them......everywhere I look its cotton, flannellette, tracksuits.....and while I admit there were some cute patterns, I WANT MY SATIN PJS!!!!!!

David Jones of course, is not the cheapest of shops to go looking in, so I was getting to the point where I wasn't expecting to find anything a) appropriate and b) within a reasonable price range.......

The Englishman spots some purple satin pj pants. Two points - purple and satin.....good start. Not lined....well I can handle that. No pj top.....what? Yes, no satin pj top, just 2 matching soft stretchy cotton singlets instead........ok.....maybe I can compromise. Price......more than I've ever paid for pjs!!! Forget it!!!

But the Englishman says that this is ok as he is paying and that he likes them. Alright. This'll do.....I supppose.

Having slept in my new pjs last night, I have to say I like them. They're comfy, the satin is nice and slippery and they are my favourite colour!

I miss my long sleeved satin top though, my arms were cold last night! Maybe I'll have to go shopping by myself today.........

No comments:

Post a Comment